top of page


I’ve tried my best to answer any questions you may have below but should you have any others, please get in touch!


Do you play Clarsach or Pedal Harp?

For weddings, I usually perform on a pedal harp but I can also perform on a smaller folk harp called the Clarsach. The Clarsach is better know for traditional music and is more portable but if you’re having a large number of guests, I’d recommend the pedal harp as the sound carries much better.

How much space does the harp need?

The pedal (concert) harp needs an area of 2m x 3m, while the Clarsach requires about 2m x 2m.

Do you take special requests?

Yes, I’m always excited to learn new music and requests are a great way to do this! Please let me know at least one month before the ceremony about any special requests you might have to allow the time for me to arrange and learn the music.

How many songs will you play?

The answer to this question varies hugely but for the arrival of your guests I will usually play about 10 songs, and five songs for your ceremony - one for the arrival of the bride, three for the signing of the register and a fourth song to accompany you both up the aisle. If you would like me to play for your drinks reception or wedding breakfast, I perform an average of twenty songs an hour. I will tailor my set to include as many of your favourites from my list as you would like; this can mean you choosing all the songs played throughout the day or just choosing your four songs for the ceremony and leaving the rest to me, it is entirely up to you.

Can you play outside?

Yes, BUT, this is weather dependent. The harp needs to be protected from any possible rainfall, or direct sunlight, as both of these are damaging for the harp. If you’re planning on having your weddings outdoors, I am only happy to be part of your big day if there is shelter for the harp, or a back-up plan to move indoors! The harp also needs to be placed on a hard, flat surface (not gravel, or grass, etc). If you're unsure about what will be possible, get in touch and we can discuss the options.

How do you transport your harp?

To get to gigs, my big pedal harp travels in the back of my car with the seats folded down. For short distances (for example from the ceremony room to the reception room) I move my instrument using a special trolley designed for moving harps. 

Can you move from one venue to another during a wedding day?

Yes - please let me know in advance if this is between two separate venues as additional charges may apply if I am required to drive to another venue. Please also account for the time it takes to move between venues.

Can you take your harp upstairs?

Yes, I am able to take my harp up most sets of stairs - however, the pedal harp is unable to go up spiral staircases. Please let me know if your venue has stairs so I am aware and even better, please let me know if there is a lift!

Do you play events other than weddings?

Yes, I perform at corporate events, birthdays, engagements, anniversaries and any other occasion. I am also available for recitals - get in touch to find out more.

How much do you charge for playing at a function?

This depends mainly on:
- the location of the venue, and
- the duration of the performance

Prices start at £200, please contact me for further details.

bottom of page